Sarah H. Reynolds (b. 1987) received her BA from New York University's Gallatin School of Individualized Study and is currently a second-year MFA candidate in the Painting and Drawing Department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. Her work uses drawing and sculpture to create shapes and spaces derived from her own body. The process of creating multiple iterations from the same reference results in a body of work that is abstracted, yet mimetic and allows for new meanings and interpretations to unfold. Her work has been exhibited in Chicago, NYC and Brooklyn, at venues such as Elastic Arts, Cheryl Hazan Gallery, Philip Bloom Gallery, Cheim & Read, StoreFront at Ten Eyck, Judith Charles Gallery, Theodore:Art, Front Room, and the National YoungArts Foundation. Press includes Huffington Post, Art Nerd, The Guardian, Art Fuse, Bushwick Daily, and Refinery29.
• Master of Fine Arts, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Present - 2018
• Bachelor of Art, Gallatin School of Individualized Study, New York University, New York, NY, 2009
• Semester Abroad, Villa La Pietra, Florence, Italy, 2008
• Winter Program with Michelle Grabner and John Neff, Ox-Bow, Saugatuck, MI, January 2017
• Better Homes & Gardens Roads Scholarship for Research & Travel, Chicago, IL 2017.
SELECTED GROUP EXHIBITIONS
• Seeing Through the Garden: Perspectives of Nature from East and West, a collaboration between SAIC and the Tokyo University of the Arts (Geidai), Sanshu-Idutsuyashiki, Hiketa, Japan
• Netflix and Chill, D&S Gallery, Chicago, IL
• Iterative Information, Origin Ongoing, Dean's Office Summer Show Featuring 8 MFA Students, SAIC, Chicago, IL
• Somatic Markings: Video Art by Current SAIC MFA Students, Latitude, Chicago, IL
• Technical Image, Elastic Arts Foundation, Chicago, IL
• Cheryl Hazan Gallery, New York, NY
• Museum of Ice Cream Pop-Up, New York, NY (hosted by Manish Vora)
• Private Opening, The Silk Building, New York, NY (hosted by Manish Vora)
• TEXT ME, Hazan Projects, New York, NY
• FIREWORKS, The Java Project, Brooklyn, NY
• Seeking Space, BeElectric Space, Brooklyn, NY
• It's Not What You Think, Philip Bloom Gallery, Nantucket, MA
• BAM 11th Annual Art Auction, Cheim & Read Gallery, New York, NY (curated by Holly Shen)
• Bushwick Open Studio Annual Benefit, StoreFront at Ten Eyck, Brooklyn, NY
• Immediate Female, Judith Charles Gallery, New York, NY (curated by Robert Dimin)
• SELECT Art Fair, Philip Bloom Gallery, Art Basel, Miami, FL
• More Than This, Theodore:Art, Brooklyn, NY
• Underline Projects, Front Room Gallery, Brooklyn, NY (curated by Casey Burry)
• At 60" x SHFT Exhibition at The Royal Palm + Architectural Digest Pop-Up, Art Basel, Miami, FL (curated by Sarah Arison & Adrian Grenier)
• Artist Solidarity, Brooklyn Fireproof Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
• Sound + Image: Walk-Up ID, MLB FanCave Gallery, New York, NY
• First Fridays, Brooklyn Fireproof Gallery, Brooklyn, NY
• Sound + Image Interactive Exhibition, Project Space, New York, NY
• 56th Annual Artists Exhibition, Art League of Long Island, Long Island, NY
• Rockville Bank, Glastonbury, CT
• National YoungArts Foundation, Art Basel, Miami, FL (Curated by Sarah Arison & Adrian Grenier)
• Teenage Paparazzo Screening, New York Institute of Technology, New York, NY (Curated by Adrian Grenier)
• Frames on Frames, ROOQ Fine Art Framers, New York, NY
• Alinea Restaurant, Chicago, IL
• Almanac Restaurant, New York, NY
• Maggy Frances Store, New York, NY
• ROOT Studios, New York, NY
• Jezebel Restaurant, New York, NY
COMMERCIAL COMMISSIONS & PROJECTS
• Ground Support Artist Series Coffee Label, New York, NY
• Complete Unknown (featuring Kathy Bates, Danny Glover, & Rachel Weisz) Art Loan, New York, NY
• Calypso St Barth In-Store Commission, New York, NY
• Coach "Metropolitan Art" Online Campaign Commission, New York, NY
• ICED Media Limited Edition Print Commission, New York, NY
• Refinery 29 Tinseltown Bazaar Holiday Sale, New York, NY
• SOL REPUBLIC Limited Edition Headphone Commission, USA
• Salvatore Ferragamo's "Girl About Town” Online Campaign Commission, USA & Asia
• Sharpie Collaboration, USA
RELEVANT PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Teaching Assistant, Figure Drawing w/Susanne Doremus, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Spring 2017
• PTDW Visiting Artist Coordinator, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Spring 2017
• PTDW Designer & Videographer, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, Fall 2016
• Roving Sub, School of the Art Institute of Chicago, Chicago, IL, November 2016
• Freelancer, Skink Ink Fine Art Printing, Brooklyn, NY, December 2015 – June 2016
• Creative Director, ROOT Studios, New York, NY, January 2014 – November 2015
• Writer, Bushwick Open Studios, Brooklyn, NY, 2013
PRESS & MEDIA
• 3 Museum of Ice Cream Artists Talk Shoppe, by Rachel Sokol, Crain’s 5 Boros, New York, NY, August.
• Deconstructing the Artist: Sarah Reynolds, by Cass Alcides, Swagger, New York, NY, May.
• Side Hustlers Revealed: Pursuing Passion Project, by Jill Hilbrenner, The Guardian, New York, NY, October.
• Making History at Storefront Ten Eyck Gallery, by Lia Simone, Art Fuse, New York, NY, May.
• The Daily Davis: Almanac Is Foodie Heaven, The Daily Front Row, New York, NY, March.
• The Food Seen: Episode 229, Heritage Radio Network, March.
• Daily Art Inspiration, Sarah H Reynolds, by Joseph Licata, Surf Collective, New York, NY, January.
• Fall Art Openings Are In Full Swing This Weekend! Here’s Your Play-by-Play, by Katie Killary, Bushwick Daily, Brooklyn, NY, November.
• What It's Really Like to be a Twentysomething in NYC, by Maggie Parker, Refinery29, New York, NY, September.
• It Must be Summer: Open Studios in Bushwick and Music in the Parks, by Gisele Regatao, WNYC, New York, NY, May.
• Sound + Vision, by Lori Zimmer, Art Nerd, New York, NY, September.
• MLB FanCave Art Gallery, AM New York, New York, NY, September.
• Sound+Image': Two Artists, a Playlist, Some Headphones and a Show, by Nina E Rothe,
Huffington Post, New York, NY, June.
• Bushwick Art Scene, by Holly Shen Chaves, Art Finder, Brooklyn, NY, May.
• How Was Bushwick Art Crit Group, the BOS Preview Edition, by Jen Hitchings,
Bushwick Daily, Brooklyn, NY, May.
• My Houzz: Black and White is Right for a Brooklyn Studio, by Chris Dorsey,
Houzz, New York, NY, March.
• Awareness of Others Intentions, by Theo Constantinou, Paradigm Magazine, New York, NY, July.
• Local Artist Debuts: Frames on Frames, by Rachel Gottfried, DOWNTOWN, New York, NY, July.